- Wet the rim of a Margarita glass using a slice of key lime (do not use water!)
- Salt the rim of the glass
- Fill glass 3/4 full with large ice cubes (about 3 oz of ice)
- Add 3 oz of quality blanco/silver/plata tequila from 100% de agave. The El Capricho tequila is what was used in Todos Santos.
- Add 1 oz of Cointreau
- Add 1 oz of Damiana liqeuer
- Squeeze 4 key limes into the drink, add a lime slice to the rim and "stir slowly" with a straw.
- Throw the straw away and enjoy the best and most "pure margarita" you will ever have.
Unfortunately "Damiana" is very hard to find in the US so I went down to Tijuana a couple weeks ago and purchased a bottle for $14!!! If you order online in the US you will pay over $60 per bottle. I also purchased a bottle of Mexican branded Cointreau (Controy) for only $8!!! I can't wait to enjoy many Pure Margaritas in the next few weeks. Happy National Margarita Day! Please enjoy responsibly.